Warning: call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'ET_Builder_Module_Helper_Style_Processor' does not have a method 'process_extended_icon' in /home/customer/www/jnmi.globallycool-dev.nl/public_html/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/class-et-builder-element.php on line 19962
JNMI – part of Royal Scientific Society
Jordan National Metrology Institute (JNMI) is one of the Royal Scientific Society (RSS) centers. The Institute is led by Her Royal Highness Princess Sumaya bint El Hassan, who also serves as the President. She is greatly recognized for her work in promoting various scientific endeavors on a local and international level.
The RSS is the largest applied research institution, consultancy, and technical support service provider in Jordan and is a regional leader in the fields of science and technology. RSS is housing 38 specialized laboratories and provides metrological services since 1981.
Management & Structure
JNMI is run and managed by the RSS and its functions and activities are monitored by a steering committee composed of 10 members. The committee is chaired by the General Director of Jordan Institute for Standards & Metrology and members from Royal Scientific Society, Higher Council for Science and Technology, Royal Jordanian Air Force, Jordan Accreditation Commission, Jordan Chamber of Industry, Amman Chamber of Commerce, and Jordan Institute for Standards & Metrology.
Established in 2006
Jordan National Metrology Institute (JNMI) was established in 2006 under the management of the RSS, according to the signed authorization agreement between Jordan Standard & Metrology Organization (JSMO). JSMO is a governmental institute responsible for the national system of measurement in Jordan, and RSS is acting as a technical arm for JSMO.
Cornerstone of quality assurance
JNMI constitutes the backbone and the cornerstone of quality assurance in Jordan. It contributes to attracting foreign investment, improving local investment, and eliminating technical impediments. This facilitates trade movement and improves the quality of Jordanian industrial products, which contributes to boosting the national economy.
MISSION & VISION
Our Mission is to maintain the national measurement standards and assure its traceability to international standards. We also provide highly accurate metrological services, which are accepted locally and internationally to all scientific, industrial, economic, health, and legal sectors. We strive to make effective contributions supporting the national economy, maintaining the safety, the well-being of the environment, and protecting citizens’ rights. We are committed to:
- Realizing, maintaining, and ensuring the traceability of the National Measurement Standards to International Standards.
- Disseminate national standards by providing metrological and calibration services to reference standards that exist in the national laboratories and to all scientific, industrial, and legal sectors.
- Following up the scientific development that is related to the international system of units and applying it.
- Representing Jordan locally and internationally in all metrological activities.
- Performing research in Metrology issues.
- Conducting training courses, seminars, and workshops in Metrology.
- Participating in Interlaboratory comparison programs on the local and international level.
- Providing consultancy to the Government in the field of Metrology.
- The establishment and maintenance of the National Standard Database which is adopted in Jordan.
Our Vision is that we are seeking unified local measurements which are accepted internationally.
OUR CALIBRATION LABS
JNMI comprises 14 laboratories disseminated between national and secondary levels. We provide adequate measuring and calibration services via traceable calibrated references in both its national and secondary level to satisfy the national and regional needs. Our laboratory divisions can be summarized as follows:
National laboratories comprise national measurement standards that are considered the most accurate measuring standards. These laboratories are active in the following fields:
- Electrical measurements, such as measurement of voltage, current, resistance, capacitance, inductance, frequency, and time.
- Physical and mechanical measurements, such as temperature, humidity, dimension, pressure, mass, and force.
Secondary laboratories comprise less accurate measuring standards. These laboratories provide calibration services in the fields of electrical, physical, and mechanical measurement. Examples are power, flow, volume, speed, luminance, and biomedical measurement equipment.
JNMI’s team of technical support experts helps you solve issues related to calibration, adjustment, and measurements of the device under calibration. We also provide training courses:
- To increase awareness and improve the quality of products in the field of electrical, mechanical, and physical calibration.
- The uncertainty calculation.
- ISO 17025:2017.
- Metrology science.